San Francisco To-Do: A Weekend Itinerary
If you're just flying in for a quick weekend, chances are you'll want to fit as much into your trip as you can. Here's the itinerary I put together for my recent weekend trip!
- The Financial District -- It's this downtown area that feels the most like a big city, with the working crowd hustling back and forth to grab their coffees and fulfill their errands. You'll also see the -- Pyramid building and be walking distance to Chinatown, if that interests you.
- Coit Tower -- the view from the top will give you some great pics of the area and it's just one of those touristy thing to do that isn't quite as awful at Fisherman's Wharf.
- Lombard Street -- I wound up walking from the Financial District all the way to Fisherman's Wharf, up the hill to Lombard Street, then back around to the Financial District. Unless you have a ton of time to kill, maybe take an Uber to these sites instead.
- Drinks and dinner at The Tipsy Pig -- There's a great outdoor patio area in the back where you can grab a happy hour bottle of wine and some yummy happy hour food for decent prices.
- Watch the sunset at the Presidio of San Francisco, a nice park by the water overlooking the bridge
- Mr. Holmes Bakehouse -- You've got to get here early because they sell out of everything very quickly! Really delicious baked goods, though, so it's definitely worth the hype. I tried the Raspberry Hibiscus Amann and a Passionfruit Donut... They were devoured before you could blink...
- Jane on Fillmore for breakfast -- After fulfilling your sweet tooth for the morning at Mr. Holmes, head to the nearby Jane for a delicious breakfast on their trendy black and white tables.
- Shopping on Fillmore Street -- After breakfast, wander around the Pacific Heights area for some good shopping and trendy boutiques.
- SFMOMA -- Spend some time at this cool modern art museum for some cultural immersion during your trip.
- Lunch at Leo's Oyster Bar -- The decor is incredible and the food is just as great. Maybe even spend a few hours sipping cocktails and nibbling some snacks.
- Alamo Square and the Painted Ladies -- The Painted Ladies, AKA the Full House houses with a view over the city below.
- Miette -- A sweetshop with an adorable pink façade, need I say more?! The area around Miette also has some hip stores and bars to hang out in.
- City Hall -- This gorgeous building houses the local government and makes for a great photo op, how versatile!
- The Fairmont Hotel -- The ideal rooftop for some cocktails and enjoying the sunset. The hotel itself is full of history and a beautiful landmark infamous in San Francisco.
- Dinner at ROOH SF
- Explore the Mission District:
- Craftsman and Wolves for breakfast
- Stop by Dolores Park for a fun experience of all the weed dealers strolling around
- Wander through Clarion Alley Mural Project to see some cool street art
- Lunch at Media Noche -- I went for the cool flamingo mural and I stayed for the delicious Cubanos
- Shopping at the new Reformation store -- I'm obsessed with the Reformation brand and their new store is a cool concept space with smart mirror interactive dressing rooms
- The 16th Avenue Tiled Steps
- The Conservatory of Flowers
- Sunset sailboat tour with San Francisco Sailing Co.
- Dinner at The Slanted Door -- delicious modern Vietnamese food and I got my food extra spicy with some Thai chili peppers, which was great
- The Magic Flute for brunch
- Explore Sausalito:
If you have time:
Thanks Caity for the photos of me! And for more of my photography, like the photos of San Francisco you see here, check out www.emilybyrski.com