Happy Earth Day!
Take some time to day to appreciate the planet and do something that will help us towards a more sustainable future, even something seemingly small like recycling or choosing not to accept a plastic bag when you're buying something at the store.
Here's several things you can do this Earth Day to make the world a better place:
- Amour Vert, a sustainable fashion clothing brand, is running a campaign all day that when you post a photo of a tree on Instagram with @AmourVert and #PlantATreeAV they will plant a tree for you
- Take a bag of old clothes that you no longer wear to H&M to recycle them and you will also receive 15% off your purchase!
- Check out some great sustainable fashion brands to invest your money more wisely when you shop!
- If you live in NYC, check out some Earth Day events around the city that you can participate in!
- Here is a great chart from the EPA outlining 40 things you can do to help the planet this Earth Day!
- Use less energy and shut off the lights when you don't need them!
- Recycle, recycle, recycle
- Use reusable bags and containers -- for example, the disposable coffee cups or the plastic container your lunch comes in -- find alternative ways to create less unnecessary waste
- Keep a reusable shopping tote ready so that you're not always using those silly plastic bags!
- Leave the car at home and instead take a bike, walk, or take public transport!
Thanks Noah for the photos!