Recipe: Quinoa Black Bean Tacos
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- juice of 1 lime
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Heat quinoa with 1 cup of water in a large saucepan over medium high heat, bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover with lid, and simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans and corn until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, spoon mixture into the center of each tortilla, top with avocado and sour cream, and enjoy!