Recipe: The Easiest Asparagus
For Thanksgiving, one of the sides that I made that was a hit with the family was a Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus. It was so delicious and honestly super simple to make -- here's the recipe so you can try it yourself!
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
You Will Need:
- 1 lb. of asparagus
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A 13X9 baking pan
- A garlic press (if you don't have one you can buy minced garlic at the store or you can mince the garlic cloves yourself)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Wash the asparagus thoroughly. Cut about an inch off the ends of the asparagus, then using a vegetable peeler, peel the bottom of the stalks, which will make it more tender.
- Spread out the asparagus into a 13X9 baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil, crush the garlic on top, then sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Make sure to spread all over the asparagus so you coat it evenly with each ingredient.
- Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
One of the great things about this recipe is how easy it is and how adaptable -- you can use grated parmesan or shaved parmesan, you can use pressed or minced garlic, you can squeeze some lemon on top for a little extra kick, or you can even sprinkle some breadcrumbs on top to add a little crunch! In the end it'll taste yummy regardless!